To provide, worldwide, the most effective lower extremity rehabilitation system in the healthcare market – one that is easier for patients to use, yields better patient outcomes, speeds their rehabilitation times and overall recoveries, and saves money for patients, healthcare facilities, and third party providers.
Co-Founder, Chief Executive Officer, Board Member
A go-getter and entrepreneur, Mr. Arn co-founded ROM3 and has driven many of the company's core initiates since it's inception
These have included gathering intelligence from clinicians and business leaders to ascertain the needs of the orthopedic rehab market; developing the Company's product and business strategy and capital structure; personally raising the Company's first $2 million dollars, and overseeing the following successful $5.7 million dollar raise; developing the ROM3 technology from a rough prototype of an adjustable pedal crank, to a sleek portable device that is reimbursable by Medicare and private insurance, delivers therapy, ensures and tracks compliance, and provides clinicians with real-time, remote, objective measures of patient progress: evangelizing the technology to leading physicians and healthcare organizations, developing the sales & marketing strategy; and recruiting a world-class Management Team and Advisory Board.
Prior to ROM3, Mr. Arn served in various management roles for OriginOil, an early stage cleantech company. After raising $7 million dollars, he helped develop their sales channels, and uncovered key market needs that led to critical evolution in product design and development.
Previously Mr. Arn was a co-founder and Chief Operating Officer of startup GoChuckGo, which developed a mobile platform for ordering restaurant food remotely. Mr. Arn was responsible for multiple aspects of the business including strategy, product development, and raising startup capital. The company later merged into Lifera, a Silicon Valley based company in the mobile marketing space, where he again served on the executive team.
Altogether, Mr. Arn has served in key entrepreneurial and executive roles and raised more than $20 million dollars for four different early stage companies over the last 12 years.
Mr. Arn's background also includes 10 years experience building two mortgage businesses, as CEO and Managing Partner, from the ground up to strong profitability, including hiring and managing sales teams.
President, Board Member
Mr. Bissonnette has accumulated four decades of experience and understanding in various areas, most notably in vetting products and businesses; raising capital; finding and attracting world class business talent; developing highly effective sales & marketing strategies to rapidly reach $30 million dollars in sales; direct-to-consumer marketing; and profitable exits, including conducting public offerings.
Mr. Bissonnette’s deep knowledge of startup finance and fundraising have enabled him to raise more than $50 million dollars for his own companies. He has also conducted 21 public offerings, including taking three of his own companies public, two on the NASDAQ.
In his most recent company, AeroGrow International, Mr. Bissonnette raised a total of $30 million to fund the company—$5 million initially from Direct Public Offerings followed by $25 million.
83 from four PIPES offerings—eventually taking it public on the NASDAQ. He achieved rapid growth, reaching $84 million dollars in cumulative sales in 3 years. The company reached a $150 million dollar market cap at the time of his retirement and investors saw returns up to 900%.
Before that he founded Voice Powered Technology, achieving a market capitalization of almost $70 million dollars before being acquired; investors saw as much as 300% returns.
Today Mr. Bissonnette is a sought-after expert in non-traditional funding methods and sales and marketing. He has a passion for new ideas and bringing products to market in unique, dramatic ways.
For ROM3, Mr. Bissonnette is leveraging his wealth of know-how to actively support and advise on our fundraising campaigns, our overall business strategy, the development of our consumer devices as well as the direct-to-consumer marketing campaigns, and our exit strategy.
Co-Founder, Vice President Corporate Affairs, Board Member
Mr. Gomberg brings over 30 years of experience as a seasoned executive and marketing professional, in healthcare as well as other industries.
Past executive management roles have included CEO, Chief Operating Officer, Chief Marketing Officer, and Vice President of Marketing, for startup, early stage, and well-established businesses.
Enjoying exposure to many different aspects of healthcare, Mr. Gomberg has successfully served several healthcare companies including Dubois Regional Medical Center, Whitaker Wellness Institute (largest U.S. alternative healthcare facility), Practice Optimizer (a physician practice management consulting firm), Hemorrhoid Relief Centers (10 clinics nationwide), and Adtenna Advertising Agency (U.S. ad agency for Bionorica).
Non-healthcare companies served have included ADDTEL (telecom), Verio (global web hosting leader) and Global Skies Bio Energy. Mr. Gomberg has received accolades for his design and management of successful marketing campaigns for several products, as well as for his leadership and implementation of best practices which have proven to establish and expand companies.
Chief Financial Officer
Mr. Thoburn is a veteran executive with deep experience in finance, corporate legal affairs, strategic planning, and venture capital.
Most notably, Mr. Thoburn served as CFO and Legal Director for Earthlink from its inception through its IPO as a $450 million dollar company. After Earthlink's IPO, Lee continued in various roles including Vice President of Strategic Relations, where he was responsible for all the company’s corporate strategic relations.
Mr. Thoburn has worked much of his career as a venture capital consultant in many different industries including physical therapy, video production, aircraft design and manufacturing, cosmetics, renewable energy, web services, and software development. His services have focused on developing financial and business plans, creating pro forma budgets, advising on corporate structures, writing business plans and prospectuses, and supporting clients in their efforts to raise investment capital.
Mr. Thoburn also co-founded Cambridge Partners, a venture capital consulting firm in Southern California, providing total strategic and tactical support for entrepreneurs, including due diligence, risk analysis, management of outside professionals, and deal documentation
He has been involved with and served on the boards of numerous startups.
C. Lan Fotopoulos, M.D.
Interventional Physiatrist, Board Certified, Physical Medicine & Rehab, Sports Medicine
Dr. Fotopoulos is an interventional physiatrist specializing in minimally invasive and interventional procedures in the treatment of spinal disorders, including epidural injections, radiofrequency ablation, vertebroplasty, spinal cord stimulation, and minimally invasive lumbar decompression.
With a background as a diver in the US Navy, he also has expertise and certification in hyperbaric and diving medicine. Lan’s experience also includes: Team Physician Kansas City Explorers Tennis Team, Previous Team Physician Kansas City Royals Baseball Team, Boxing and Mixed Martial Arts Physician for State of Missouri.
- Treats neck, back, hip, shoulder, and knee pain
- Bachelor of Arts University of Missouri - Kansas City, Kansas City, MO
- Doctor of Medicine, University of Missouri - Kansas City School of Medicine. Kansas City, MO
- Department of Surgery - Creighton University Medical Center
- Department of Anesthesiology - Kansas University Med Center, Kansas City, KS
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation - Kansas University Med Center, Kansas City, KS
- Musculo-Skeletal Medicine, Sports and Spine Procedures, Washington University, St. Louis, MO
- American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- American Board of Pain Medicine
- Undersea and Hyperbaric Medicine
- American Board of Family Practice - Sports Medicine
- North American Spine Society
- International Spinal Injection Society
- American College of Sports Medicine
- Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society
- International Board of Undersea Medicine, Inc.
- American Association of Electrodiagnostic Medicine
- American Association of Professional Ringside Physicians
- American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Physiatric Association of Spine, Sports, and Occupational Rehabilitation
James P. Halloran, M.D., FRCS(c)
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Knee, Foot and Ankle Surgery, Sports Medicine Surgery
Dr. Halloran’s primary clinical interest focuses on diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the knee, ankle, and foot. He has completed fellowship training in both sports medicine and foot/ankle surgery. This is a very unique combination of skills that gives Dr. Halloran additional insight into the cause of many lower extremity injuries. He has in depth knowledge regarding bone and ligamentous injuries of the knee, ankle, and foot with extensive experience in arthroscopic and minimally invasive management of these complex conditions.
Furthermore, Dr. Halloran has received comprehensive training from world renowned experts in total ankle arthroplasty and cartilage restoration at Duke University. These are very complex procedures, but can return function to an active person. Using a combination of 3 different total ankle replacement systems and a multitude of cartilage restoration techniques he is able to tailor the ankle treatment to best fit each patient’s needs.
Dr. Halloran’s commitment to an active lifestyle and athletics is evident in both his personal belief that activity leads to better health and his involvement with sports teams. Throughout his training, Dr. Halloran has been assistant team physician for the Detroit Pistons (NBA), Detroit Red Wings (NHL), Detroit Tigers (MLB), and Duke University men’s’ soccer team.
Dr. Halloran strives to treat each patient with compassion and humility. It is his firm belief that the doctor-patient relationship needs to function like a “team” to provide cutting-edge care and exceptional patient outcomes.
"Great results can only be achieved if a patient has a thorough understanding of their condition and the treatment options available to them. In many cases, there are multiple right answers and the goal of effective care is for the patient to arrive at the option that will provide the best and quickest return to activity."
- Athletic injuries of the knee
- Knee arthroscopy
- Ligamentous injuries of the knee
- Meniscal injuries of the knee
- Treatment of cartilage defects in the knee
- Arthritic conditions of the foot and ankle—fusion and total ankle arthroplasty
- Athletic injuries of the foot and ankle
- Minimally invasive Achilles tendon repair
- Bunion and hammertoe deformities
- Flatfoot deformities
- Repair or Reconstruction of tendon disorders
- Fractures and Dislocations
- Ankle arthroscopy
- Tendon transfers
- Complex reconstructions of midfoot and hindfoot
- Rheumatoid foot reconstructions
- Bachelor of Liberal Arts, University of Missouri-Kansas City
- Doctor of Medicine, University of Missouri-Kansas City
- General Surgical Residency, Rush University Medical Center
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency, McGill University Health Center
- Sports Medicine Fellowship, Detroit Medical Center
- Foot and Ankle Surgery Fellowship, Duke University Medical Center
- American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
Scott Wingerter, M.D., PhD
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Hip and Knee Preservation and Replacement
Dr. Wingerter is an orthopaedic surgeon with a practice focus on joint preservation and joint replacement surgery. His goal is getting his patients back to enjoying life and remaining active, whether they are a dedicated athlete, weekend warrior, or are trying to keep up with the grandkids. He always wants to make sure his patients understand what is causing their pain so that we can come up with the best possible treatment options together. He performs primary and revision total joint replacement of the hip and knee, hip resurfacing, partial knee replacement, minimally invasive and computer navigated surgery, and hip arthroscopy.
- Degenerative conditions of the hip and knee including osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis
- Femoroacetabular impingement (FAI)
- Labral tears of the hip
- Avascular necrosis
- Bachelor of Science, Microbiology, University of Georgia, Athens, GA
- Doctor of Medicine, New York Medical College, Valhalla, NY
- Doctor of Philosophy, Graduate School in the Clinical Health Sciences, Jackson, MS
- Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, MS
- Joint Preservation, Resurfacing, and Replacement, Washington University, St. Louis, MO
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons
- International Congress for Joint Reconstruction
- Southern Orthopaedic Association
- Mid-America Orthopaedic Association